Dear Colleagues,

Our hospital is trying to benchmark our emergency response team for
inpatient strokes--patients who are in the hospital for another diagnosis
but who have a stroke while in the hospital.  This was developed here as a
response similar to a Code Blue.  We call it Code Gray, and it was
documented in the October-December 2003 issue of Critical Care Nursing
Quarterly, which was devoted to the topic.  I haven't been able to find much
else in the literature.  If your hospital has a response team designed for
this purpose, I would appreciate it if you could give me some information
about it and also a contact if possible.

I will summarize if there is interest.  Thanks in advance.

Michaele M. Robinson, MLS, AHIP
Medical Librarian
Scripps Mercy Hospital
4077 Fifth Avenue
San Diego, California  92103-2180
Voice:  619-260-7024     Fax:  619-260-7262

"Scripps Information Security"
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged and confidential information and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copying of this e-mail or any of its attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sending individual or entity by e-mail and permanently delete the original e-mail and attachment(s) from your computer system. Thank you for your cooperation.