Hello. I received multiple requests for the results of my transcriber request. A big thank you to the 2 dozen members who forwarded names, research leads and recommendations. The hard part now is deciding who to pick! (This summary is being sent to the SLA-DC listserv as well, I apologize in advance for any duplicate postings.)

Oral history/conference transcribers
(in alphabetical order)

*  Ellen Brown
Independent contractor
(DC, Virginia - area)
703.360.2429

* Carol Thomas Court Reporting
Toll-Free: (800) 322-9221
Phone: (703) 273-9221
Fax: (703) 273-9217
http://www.carolthomasreporting.com

*  CaseT Associates
1021 Lee Highway, Suite 160
Fairfax, Va. 22030
703.352.0091
http://www.casetassoc.com/index.html

*  Shirley Harmon
Special Collections Assistant
Filson Historical Society
Louisville, Ky. 40206
502.635.5083

*  Rita Hodge (owner)
HBR & Associates, Inc
1411 K Street, N.W. #530
Washington, D.C. 20005
202.842.0869

*  Charlene Hunt
HomeWork2you
10 Mowery Avenue
Johnstown, Pa. 15905
814.255.2458
http://www.homework2you.com

*  Gwen McCutcheon
Premium Business Services
601 Madison St Suite 200
Alexandria, Va. 22314
703.836.2708

*  Miller Reporting Company
http://www.millerreporting.com/

*  Jodi Potrok
Physicians' First Choice
Medical Transcription Services
San Antonio, Texas
210.492.4401

*  Lissa Williams
21805 John Holder Road
Moss Point, MS  39562
251.402.3014 (cell)
228.588.2135 (home)

Tips:
*  "If there is a college near you that teaches transcription, you may be able to get a student at a reasonable rate."
Note:
*  Shirley Harmon, Lissa Williams and Carol Thomas Court Reporting are experienced in oral history transcriptions.
*  Jodi Potrok is experienced in medical transcriptions.
*  Ellen Brown and Case Associates are recommended for meeting transcriptions.

Think that's everything. Again, a big thank you to the contributors.

Gini Blodgett
Director, Information Resources
American Physical Therapy Assn.
1111 North Fairfax St.