Thanks John

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John Cushing
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 8:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: H31 & H715

The House Journal for the 6th and today's Calendar, indicates that
amendments have been made to H31 in support of our position of receiving
$80.00 for the short form mortgage up to six pages and $8.00 per page
thereafter, we would be paid for the master mortgage at $8.00 per page
and all others would increase from $7.00 to $8.00 per page. Hopefully,
tomorrow morning a Journal for the House will indicate that this has
become reality and then we begin the process in the Senate.

H715 - Municipal Land Record's Commission - will be up for the third
meeting today. It appears that it has the House support.

I would like to thank the Clerks and Representatives who have worked
with us to make these Bills reality. I know that we all get frustrated
at times, but this time it appears that the system has worked because of
us working together. We came to a solution of our differences. I hope
that we can get the Senate to agree to these Bills as they are currently
written. We will again need your support in this process as well. I will
keep you informed as these Bills move through the Senate.

I personally would like to thank Alison Lewis, the Town Clerk of Stowe,
for her involvement - her involvement was very important to this this
compromise.

H524 - changing photocopy to copy and repealing the sunset of the
restoration reserve fund - now sits in the Judiciary Committee. I feel
that this is very important to us in allowing us to move forward with
the new technology. We will not be using the digitized images in many
cases for some time - it only allows us the option to digitize the
records rather than photocopy the record.

John