 -----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of John Cushing
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 1:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: H31

  Please read this in its entirety.

  Notice - Calendar for the House:

  I told you that I would keep you informed when I had a copy of the final
draft and this is it.

  The fee would be changed from $7.00 to $8.00 per page.
  The short-form mortgage (up to 6 pages) would be a document fee of $80.00

  Under this draft it states under G2 - A town clerk shall not charge a fee
to record a master mortgage form recorded in the land records of a town
under subsection (b) of this section.

  I believe that the 3rd reading of this will either be on Monday or Tuesday
and YOU SHOULD MAKE CONTACT WITH YOUR REPRESENTATIVES WITH EITHER YOUR
SUPPORT OR OPPOSITION FOR THIS BILL. I can no longer make a difference in
the House.

  House Bill 574 has been taken by the Judiciary Committee in the Senate  -
this is the bill allowing us to computerize the land records by changing the
words photo to copy and eliminating the sunset on the restoration fund. I
spoke with Senator Sears this morning and he was not sure what he was going
to do with the bill at this point.

  John