[log in to unmask]" rel=File-List>
Lyndon borrows in June in anticipation of taxes and pays back the loan after taxes are paid in November.  I set the due date of the loan for two weeks after the date taxes are due.  Good Luck.

Lisa
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Sherrill Gould
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 2:24 PM
Subject: TAX ANTICIPATION BORROWING

Hope someone out there can provide some input.

Windsor currently borrows in anticipation of taxes on July 1 of each fiscal year, with payment due on June 30.  Unfortunately, the town usually has a negative cash flow on June 30 so we use the proceeds of the next loan to pay off the current one.  How do other towns handle this?  Are there other options for handling cash flow shortages during the year?

Your input will be greatly appreciated as this issue is being blown out of proportion, as do so many issues in small town government.

Sherrill – Town Treasurer