From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of John Cushing
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 1:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: H31

Please read this in its entirety.

Notice - Calendar for the House:

I told you that I would keep you informed when I had a copy of the final draft and this is it.

The fee would be changed from $7.00 to $8.00 per page.
The short-form mortgage (up to 6 pages) would be a document fee of $80.00

Under this draft it states under G2 - A town clerk shall not charge a fee to record a master mortgage form recorded in the land records of a town under subsection (b) of this section.

I believe that the 3rd reading of this will either be on Monday or Tuesday and YOU SHOULD MAKE CONTACT WITH YOUR REPRESENTATIVES WITH EITHER YOUR SUPPORT OR OPPOSITION FOR THIS BILL. I can no longer make a difference in the House.

House Bill 574 has been taken by the Judiciary Committee in the Senate  - this is the bill allowing us to computerize the land records by changing the words photo to copy and eliminating the sunset on the restoration fund. I spoke with Senator Sears this morning and he was not sure what he was going to do with the bill at this point.

John