Hi, Mount Holly School has a computer lab in every classroom, sort of, 18 iBooks travel the school in a cart populated with enough chargers for all so that they get plugged in as soon as they have been used. (it is some sort of horizontal filing cabinet with vertical slots and I jammed all the chargers in the back and have the cords hanging just in the right place for the machines at rest) 15 of these are the old clamshell units and we just replaced the batteries after three full years of use. 3 are white ones, due to their age all are running 802.11b cards so we have 8 original airport basestations in the building for full coverage. We needed overlap due to the lower saturation point of 802.11b which begins to lag with over five or six machines on at the same time. If you are starting now go .11g it will support many more units and allow for more robust LAN data transfers (web access is no sweat as your telecomm speeds can't keep up with 11.b anyway). If you are saddled with less intelligent PC laptops (hopefully not Centrinos stuck at 11.b) get 11.g PC-cards, once they are set up they should work very nearly as well as Macs (only in reference to the connectivity of course). I am not as prejudiced about the access points, there are very good and less expensive units than the Apple Extreme, however I opted to continue to spend more on the airports as you can configure every one in the building from one screen simplifying naming, IP addressing and any other administration. DLink, Linksys etc have entry level dual band units for as little as $79. up to just a little over $100. If you do spend between $250. and $400. you can get bona fide workgroup access points that will support 50 users handsomely. Tip, in a multi-access point environment you may want to manually address all the laptops so there is no DHCP confusion as they move about the building and it takes some network load off when there are 15 laptops booting up simultaneously. HUGE POINT, an access point can be mounted to a cart and anywhere there is a network jack there can be a computer lab! They work great, you'll love them. Good luck, Ed On Apr 15, 2004, at 1:10 PM, Joe Lemaire wrote: Hello, I was wondering how people are using wireless in schools. We are thinking about maybe adding some wireless labs or something to that extent, and just wanted to see what pros and cons other people have run into. Also, if you are/have used it, what equipment would you recommend/not recommend? Thanks, Joe Lemaire IT Technician St. Albans Town Educational Center