Seems like Northern Shovelers are being reported at lots of locations this
year. Just wanted to let people know that at least 2 male Shovelers were
still on Berlin Pond this past Sunday, April 19 (east side of the pond).
Others seen: Pied-Billed Grebes (2), Green Winged Teal, Common Loon,
Ring-Necked Ducks, Common and Hooded Mergansers (the latter engaged in
incredible mating displays), Wood Ducks, Great Blue Heron, Yellow-bellied
Sapsucker.

And the first White-Throated Sparrow of the season at our feeders in
Middlesex. (Alas, our Fox Sparrow has moved on.)

-- Susan Sussman, Middlesex