I thought it was pretty cool to see 6 TVs roosting
near our house the other day, but last evening we were
treated to a kettle of 20+ swirling and circling in
the winds right over our house.  I don't know much
about their courting behaviour, but it sure looked
like there was some of that going on, with birds
diving on each other and generally showing off.  As
the darkness fell, it looks like they all began
roosting in the spruce grove just east of our house.
An amazing sight to see so close to home...

Graham Bates
Waterbury, VT