The Helen W. Bucker Preserve at Bald Mountain (otherwise known as The
Nature Conservancy's Galick Farm) was pure delight today (my first stop in
Vermont on the way home from a birding tour to North Carolina). Snakes,
frogs, butterflies, birds, wildflowers -- what a treat.

Having found five warbler species at the preserve (and three vireo
species), even after starting birding at 10:30 a.m, I decided to try for a
few more warblers. After stops at West Rutland Marsh and Berlin Pond before
getting home, I ended with eight warblers, missing some easy ones. Not that
I'm counting (yeah, right) but 10 or more warbler species in April would
have been a nice feat and certainly possible Friday. Here's the list of eight:

Chestnut-sided Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Palm Warbler
Pine Warbler