From: Rick Renaud [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 9:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [VTBIRD] Intervale Birding brochure - we need your sightings!

Hi Birders.

Many of you - at one time or another - have birded Burlington's Intervale area, or at least read  other birder's reports from there. It's a great spot with lots of potential and some truly beautiful areas. Well...

Gardener's Supply Company is planning on putting together a simple brochure highlighting the birding opportunities in the Intervale area - I'll be heading this project up. There will be a basic map showing some river trails and noting good hotspots, as well as a checklist with common birds seen in the area. I'd like to also include some of the not-so-common birds that have been recorded there. This is where you come in:

PLEASE EMAIL ME A SHORT LIST OF ANY "GOOD" BIRDS (anything outside of very common species) YOU HAVE RECORDED IN THE INTERVALE AREA.

It would be great if you could also include where and when you saw each bird - even if you ony have a general recollection. I have been birding the area for a couple years now and have a pretty good handle on the common species and good areas. That said, I would love to read anyting you are willing to share re: hot spots you have found and birds you have seen.

We are also considering putting up a small Kiosk, near where folks would park, as a spot to keep these brochures and a board for folks to note rarities or fun sightings for others to review before heading out. All in all, it should be a positive project, and will be good for birds and birders alike; we endeavor to stick within birdings best practices.

Thanks for reading this far and for any info you send our way. We could use the info asap.

Good birding!

-Rick