Hello,
I have found PubMed to be very slow at times, and more and more so lately.
Is anyone else having trouble hitting the back button while in a search in
PubMed?  Within the last few months, I have found it increasingly difficult
to use PubMed because every time I hit "back" from an abstract back to the
search, or back from one search screen citation list to a previous page of
citations, I get a "Warning: Page has expired message" then I have to hit
"refresh" and then "retry".  Also, my check marks for selected items vanish
when I have to go back through this refresh cycle.  So, now, I try to put as
many citations as possible on one page, and send my selected hits to
clipboard for every page before I move to the next page.  Sometimes, I lose
the page, and my entire search, entirely during this process.  It does, of
course, help to use the previous and next page links, but why is it no
longer possible to use the back button?  It appears to me that there is no
"back to citation list" button on the abstracts, so I have no way around
that problem.  This is tremendously aggravating and time consuming.  My
computer people say that it is not our computer system that is doing this.
Am I the only person having a problem with this?
Valerie McCann
Librarian
Naval Operational Medicine Institute
Pensacola, FL