Whoops, I'm a bit late for the answer...

I'm back from Mt Édouard. They're closed for the season, but the off-piste is still completely available with a HUGE cover there. Even on the low elevations there, there is still few feet of snowdepth. On the top of the mountain, in the glades, it was looking like 3-4' deep or more. Wolverine from Zoneski skied in backcountry on the mountain saturday and said it was awesome. Being with my girlfriend, I stuck more on the named trails but skied the lower telemark run which was quite nice although not so much cover as it's very popular and in the middle mountain.

The Valinouet is still open for a while, so they must have some super lifted glades + off-pistes available.

The Massif du Sud is still open this weekend... but I'm not sure if the extreme side will be open........... The Massif is now closed just like Mt Grand-Fonds.

The Chic-Chocs should be amazing of course, but without lifts !

If you search for snow, the conditions were absolutely incredible at Jay Peak and Sutton last weekend. The founder of Zoneski skied both mountains and almost all of the glades were still in good shape with plenty of cover.

           - Frank

Hal Leyshon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Anyone else going through serious snow withdrawal who's up for a road trip
north of Quebec City for say 5 days, 4/15-19?
Skiing preferably backcountry and on piste?
I think the Chic Chocs are too far to be worthwhile for only 5 days...
Any knowledgeable advice for snow pockets?
Charlevoix: Le Massif & Parc des Grand Jardins
Le Massif du Sud
Bagotville area: Mont-Edouard
Parc National des Monts-Valin (30 k from Chicoutimi or 500 k from Montreal);
Le Valinouet

Chicoutimi weather report:
SAT PM
APR 10 SUN
APR 11 MON
APR 12 TUE
APR 13 WED
APR 14 THU
APR 15

HIGH 2°C 2°C 1°C 4°C 3°C 3°C
LOW - -7°C -7°C -4°C 0°C -6°C
CONDITION Flurries Variable cloudiness Variable cloudiness Light rain
Cloudy Cloudy
P.O.P. 60% 30% 40% 80% 30% 30%

Delurked & in withdrwal,
Hal Leyshon