MTS Technologies, Inc. (MTS) is a professional services firm providing
business solutions and information technology support to our clients. We are
seeking a full time Quality Assurance (QA) Team Supervisor to work in
Bethesda, MD with our client, the National Library of Medicine.
The National Library of Medicine is engaged in a project to convert back
files of medical journals into digital media. These archives will be added
to PubMed Central, NLM's digital full-text archive of life-sciences
journals. The QA Team Supervisor ensures that the converted journal content
meets NLM's technical specifications for conversion, and that the
accompanying bibliographic citations adhere to the standardized structure
for PubMed Central.
QA Team Leader responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the quality of converted images (skew, color, clarity)
- Identifying bibliographic errors in the XML citations for the converted
material; identifying patterns of errors in images or citations
- Coordinating a team of four QA Reviewers
- Working with NLM to refine QA procedures and understand priorities
- Documenting QA procedures; reviewing the work of the QA Reviewers for
consistency
We are seeking individuals with the following qualifications/experience:
- Undergraduate degree with experience in a medical library or other
specialized library; M.L.S. or M.I.S. required
- Experience abstracting journal content (e.g., research articles, letters
to editor, meeting abstracts, corrections) into a standardized citation
structure; experience with PubMed or MEDLINE citations is ideal
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and work with detailed
records
- Strong interpersonal skills to lead QA Review team and deal positively
with the client
Salary: $50-$59K
Please apply online at http://www.mtstech.com/ <http://www.mtstech.com/>
MTS is an equal opportunity employer