On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:45:17 -0500 "Mann, Dave" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
>Well, I just got off the phone with the good folks
>at Pinkham and was told that the lower section of
>GoS trail is grassy, muddy but very much hikable.
>Litteral words were, "You should have no problem
>hiking in on it currently."

Sounds like you found someone with more of a clue than I did when I called
yesterday. My query was met with, "Uh...gee...ummm...good question. I
dunno." And yes, that was from the "trail conditions staff".

>Also noted that the 3rd slide is very skiable but the
>snowfields at the top of the 2nd slide are getting
>short.

Am I correct in my presumption that they're counted from climber's left to
climber's right, with #1 being the "Main Gully"?
----
Marc Guido, Editor and Publisher
First Tracks!! Online Ski Magazine
16 Wertman Lane