From: Dave Tisdell [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 8:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Substitute Policy

Hi all,
What policies do people have on Network accounts for substitute
teachers? We are getting an increasing number of requests for this. Do
people use a generic "sub" account? (The paranoid security minded part
of me hates this idea but it simplifies administration). Do people give
subs their own accounts? (The administrator in me doesn't like this
idea; lot of work for a place where there is high turnover). Do people
simply not grant substitutes network access? If so, what kind of
problems does that create?
We do not have a policy in place and need one. We have given a very few
subs that the school has relied on for a long time their own accounts.
Usually these people also coach or advise something so they are more
connected to the school.
If you give subs their own accounts, do they need to have worked a
certain number of days before they get one?
Sorry for the cross posts and Thanks in advance.
Dave

David Tisdell. Computer Coordinator
Mt. Mansfield Union High School
211 Browns Trace
Jericho, VT 05465
802-899-4690 (Voice)
802-899-2904 (Fax)
[log in to unmask] (e-mail)

This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).  If this e-mail contains student
information and you are not entitled to access such information under
FERPA, please notify the sender.  Federal regulations require that you
destroy this e-mail without reviewing it and you may not forward it to
anyone.