Dear Birders,

Here's your chance to hob-nob with the wine-and-cheese-and-wooden-bird
crowd. I'll be joining a Vermont birding legend, Bob Spear, for a special
evening fundraiser at the Birds of Vermont Museum in Huntington on
Saturday, May 8. Bob is the amazing, quiet presence behind the museum. His
hundreds of carvings of birds in their proper habitats are not only sights
to behold, but are exceedingly educational to novice and expert birder
alike. The museum is pure pleasure, and most worthy of your support.

 From 5-6 p.m. on May 8, Bob and I will host a wine and cheese and
non-alcoholic beverage reception at the museum. After that, I'll give a
short talk, entitled "The Mushroom and the Thrush." We'll also have time to
wander the exhibits together. The fee for this fundraiser is $25 for museum
members and $30 for non-members.

I'm an unwavering fan and supporter of the museum. So I hope you can make
it on May 8, which is International Migratory Bird Day. Celebrate it with
us on behalf of this worthy Vermont institution. To register, call the
museum at (802) 434-2167. (No need to contact me.) By the way, the museum's
web site is www.birdsofvermont.org.

Thanks.

Bryan Pfeiffer

Vermont Bird Tours