Dear VTBIRDers,

Our first Ruby-throated Hummingbird (male) arrived yesterday 5/9, a Mother's Day
present for Mila.  That was 3 days later than last year and 8 days later than
our all-time record (last 11 years) of May 1 at this address (South
Burlington).  The early spate of warm weather and strong south winds in late
April made me think that our record might fall this year, but no.  Nevertheless
a recent personal trend was continued:  for 4 years in a row now I have seen my
first hummer and my first Chimney Swifts of the spring on the same day.
Coincidence, or do hummers really ride on the backs of swifts???

Scott