I am at a bit of a loss.  I want to find out more about the actual editorial
and review process of information providers.  I have gone to several sites
for MdConsult, UpToDate, FirstConsult, MicroMedix and other providers and
looked at their editorial boards and seen they update content continuously,
weekly, (I am expecting hourly pretty soon).  I am more interested in the
process.  For example, how do they keep track of their changes and who they
deal with etc.  I have looked at content management and done some Google
searches and also some searches in other places but the content management
looks at Web Site management.  I know there are some content management
systems but I want those systems that are specific to information providers.

I worked at a newspaper library years ago and we provided content.  Of
course this was different. We published a paper everyday so we knew our
content was updated!  The database indexers did their thing and off it went
to the magic aggregator.  I am more interested in how the changes we read
about in journals get translated into guidelines or standards of practice
(codified) and then how that gets updated in their content.  I read once
that a new finding or practice in medicine usually gets truly implemented in
7 to 12 years after that finding is published.  I know that couldn't work in
an information providing context.  The content would be there whether or not
it was implemented would be the choice of the provider.

Any sources or advice is appreciated.

Soraya Assar, MLS
Clinical Knowledge Group
Eclipsys Corporation