Marc wrote:
>Based on what I saw this weekend:
>
>http://www.firsttracksonline.com/discus/cgi/show.cgi?2508/3918
>
>it's neither of the above. Methinks cost cutting.

Although not a particular fan of K-mart or ASC, even when I lived in the
Northeast, in their defense, didn't it pour last night? According to the
Basin ski shop, it was 60F @ 7:30a and raining this morning. Forecast for
the remainder of the week calls for sun and clouds, chances of rain or
T-storms, and highs in the mid - upper 70's. Marc's photo shows a couple of
pretty narrow sections. I'd guess it likely that those have gotten thinner
and narrower, if a continuous strip still exists. I'm sure ASC did as
little snowmaking this season as possible, given their financial situation,
but weren't there a few significant melt-downs this season too?

-marc