My wife and I skied Whistler-Blackcomb a couple years ago during the 3rd
week of April. Warm days, thick fog on 2 of 7 days, ice in the morning,
great corn in the early afternoons, and slop skiing going to mashed
potatoes in the late PM.

The trick to enjoying the scene is to get up around 8:30, hang out at a
coffee shop for a while for the ice to soften, ski through lunch, and then
hang out and listen to a patio band on the mall or at a bar after skiing.
Don't plan on a full day of skiing. You might get as much skiing as you
want though. I think you will have a good time. We did.

Unfortunately, Blackcomb is not open now, otherwise you could avoid the
morning ice by uploading to the glaciers which seem to always have powder.
At Whistler the bumps off the Peak Chair are a good bet. You may also
access more mellow terrain off the backside of that chair. It winds around
the backside to join the Saddle.

Have fun!

Jeff