Date:    Fri, 7 May 2004 16:44:38 -0400
From:    Chris Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Long hot summer. Time to think about gear.

Might still get in another day or two at A, but my
seasons effectively over out West as well, which means
I might as well think about buying tihs.
GPS is at the top of the list.  Anyone have a Magellan
Sportrak?  I was looking at the Sportrak Pro model.
Seems like it could be a cool tool.

Regards,
Chris

Chris,
I have the SporTrak Topo. Haven't had a chance to use
it much yet, still not used to the screens and menus.
Reception seems as good as other hand held GPS's I
have used. When the leaves pop this week I will get a
chance to check out reception under a canopy. I got
the Topo because of the built in topographic map. The
resolution is good but I still have to see if it works
good enough to navigate by visible terrain features.
Steve