Maybe the problem with Killington is that compared to the Strattons and Okemos,
or compared to places like MRG, Killington tries to be the one place that you
can have it all.  Sure, they market to and bring in lots of wealthy New Yorkers.
But they also want to bring in and least some hard core to ski trails like Outer
Limits or Julio (not that many wealthy New Yorkers can't ski those - but trails
like Outer Limits are part of their marketing image yet probably don't really
come into play when they go after the money crowd).  Trying to be the place of
one stop shopping always creates lots of problems that many businesses struggle
with, and some figure it out and some don't.  But I think that's why places like
Stratton and Okemo succeed as well as Mad River, 'cause they have a very defined
idea of the kind of ski area they want to be and they stick to it.

All that said, I agree that at least from my very unscientifc view, it did not
look to me like they had made anywhere near as much snow on Superstar as in past
seasons, and I would think this had to be intentional.

By the way, I have never been a big fan of Killington myself except for late
season spring skiing.  In the past, most of my experiences there have not been
very pleasant, in that the prices are outrageous, the crowds on the weekends
just crazy, the traverses just nuts and so on.  Yet this year I got some
discounted passes to the place and went there about a half dozen times
throughout the season (although I still avoided the weekend madness during prime
ski season).  What I found was that although it still doesn't quite measure up
to the places farther up north, it does have a ton of variety.  I found a number
of places to ski in the woods, some obvious and some not so obvious that were a
blast.  And the attitudes of most people I encountered there during the week
(both skiers and staff), were more pleasant that what I would usually encounter
on weekends there.  So I've now added Killington back to my list as a good place
to ski, especailly for a day trip, just as long as it's not on the weekend
during peak season.

Henry