On May 14, 2004, at 11:37 AM, Dana Dorsett wrote:

> I wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure _anybody_ makes a ski crampon that can accommodate a 95mm
>> waist (but I'm sure edging a fatty on a long hard-snow traverse is
>> very
>> wearing on the knees and exhausting!)
>
> Rong agin- the Naxo Wide crampon can handle 100mm waists, the Diamir
> Wide one goes to 100mm, but the Trekker Wide only goes to 90mm.

Yep. Got the Diamirs for my Explosivs. Used them once this year (the
scratchy night with Jerm, I think), twice last year if I recall
correctly, always on the Teardrop. While meant to grip on the
traverses, they can sure help out your skins in those Vermont
thaw/freeze cycles, although why we even bother skinning those nights
I'm still trying to figure out. It's not like we're skiing powder on
the way down.

| Academic Computing Services       __0__                             |
| Room 238 Waterman Building       / \ | \                            |
| University of Vermont              \77                              |
| Voice:802-656-1254 FAX:802-656-0872  vv                             |
| aim:goim?screenname=maddogskideath      http://weasel.uvm.edu/      |