Miguel Naughton wrote:

>points for the manly aspects of slogging up the hill.  But does a
>hike up Gondolier and a ski down the same, really count for a ski
>day?  Would it be more proper to count this as equivalent to running
>5 miles, as opposed to a skiing experience?

Tallying the number of 'days' you've skied probably shouldn't get much
beyond 'use your own judgment'.  Its more for the fun of re-living the
past winters activity, in a bitter-sweet kind of way, than to crown the
most ______ skier  (add your own caption: cool, rad, hard-core, etc.).

I mean on some real busy days (at MRG) you may not get 8K of turns, or
more than 6-7 lift rides, should that count as a day?  (I bet your body
says it should), whilst at a super size resort you could ride a MCBFL in
the first hour and cover enough vert to count as two days.

If we really wanted to get real nit-picky we could use some derivation
of how much time your skis actually spent turning on the snow.  An easy
guess says it is a lot less than the 8 hours the resort was open, or
what about if you switch equipment, bonus days for using different
sliding set-ups?

As long as you have some kind of story to tell about the day, I think it
counts.  And to agree with Janet, what is most important is how long
until you can get out again.

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.  Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.