I just happened to be in Montana during the snow also.  I was visiting family in Gardiner, MT.  It is on the border with Yellowstone National Park.  Got a really cold rain in Gardiner, but there was snow in the park starting at 5,500'.  It was just a dusting, but at 7,500' there was around 4 inches of snow.  I'm sure at the higher elevations, they got a good 8 inches. Some of the peaks you couldn't see because they were in the clouds for 2 days.   All the roads in the park were open, but slick in spots.   The week were were there, it was cool and windy everyday, but the 1st day we were there.  Saw lots of wildlife.   I wanted to see some wolves, but didn't.    Now, it's back to reality.  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.