From: Medical Libraries Discussion List on behalf of Kraft, Michelle
Sent: Wed 6/23/2004 1:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Links@Ovid vs. Article Linker

Currently we have Serials Solutions to manage our electronic journals list and we have been very happy with their A-Z product.  Now we are investigating Ovid's Links@Ovid and Serials Solutions Article Linker for providing full text links to our Ovid Medline.  I was wondering if anybody has any opinions or experiences with either product.

If you have Serials Solutions Article Linker working in Ovid's Medline...How do you like it?  Is it easy to use, establish, maintain?  Does it link to the article level in Ovid?  Were there any problems that you encountered when setting it up to link through Ovid?  Is there anything you wish it did that it doesn't?

If you use Ovid's Links@Ovid......  How do you like it?  Was it easy to set up and maintain?  We are a part of OhioLINK and we have had problems getting our large amount of consortia journals to work properly in [log in to unmask]  If you are in a consorita have you had problems linking your consortia journals?  How easy it to create links to journals that are not listed in Ovid's already established Targets?  How does Ovid deal with articles that are found full text in multiple places?  Were there any problems that you encountered when setting it up?  Is there anything you wish it did that it doesn't?

I appreciate any thoughts that any of you might have and I will summarize for the list if there is an interest.
Michelle Kraft

Confidentiality Note:  This message is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,  please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.  Thank you.
Visit us online at our award-winning www.clevelandclinic.org for a complete listing of Cleveland Clinic services, staff and locations from one of the country's leading hospitals.