I have a Thule Model 699 bought four years ago for around $225 or so. Opens
both sides, fits on my Forester just great and isn't much of a hassle to
mount/dismount.
It is aerodynamic and carries a lot of gear. One trip up to Sunday River it
carried four pair of skis and four boot bags! With all the other luggage
and the four bodies I probably exceeded max gross weight for the Forester
but we were still able to cruise the interstate at 75+ mph.
Highly recommend Thule!

jim