From: Beth Holtzman <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Next New Farmer Network Meeting
Date: Wed, Jul 14, 2004, 1:18 PM

Hello everyone,

Our next Vermont New Farmer Network meeting will be Thursday August 5 from 12:30 - 2 pm, again with lunch provided. Please let me know by July 22 if you can attend, and if you prefer Berlin, Randolph or Burlington.

Agenda items will include:
-- Assessment of accomplishments since 2002, remaining gaps/needs and emerging needs
-- Planning for possible fall 2004 strategic planning meeting
-- ?Pending grant proposals?
-- Program updates
-- Other -- please feel free to make suggestions.

Also please mark your calendars for Vt NFN meetings on Sept. 2 and October 7. All will be working lunches beginning at 12:30, with location to be determined.

If you have questions or suggestions, please let me know.

Beth

2.      NFN Members will review the Winter 2003 Grant Proposal ìA Proposal to Support New Farmers in Vermontî to see where progress has been made and what areas are still relevant for future initiatives. If you need a copy of the proposal, please contact Beth at [log in to unmask]

3.      Beth will solicit information from network members to create a chart organized by the four areas of ìaccessî for new farmers and showing which network members work in each area.

4.      NFN members will that chart to check in with others as we take on new projects.

5.      Beth will set up monthly meetings for the network for at least the next few months to continue discussion of a strategic planning session, and to further consider how to make use Vern  & Annís offer, and possibly to discuss details of a SARE proposal (if UVM is asked to develop itís proposal into a full proposal.)

Beth Holtzman
Women's Agricultural Network

617 Comstock Rd.
Berlin, VT 05602