On Friday, I heard a small flock of Pine Siskins and another of
White-winged Crossbills on East Mt. These are the first encounters of
either species we have had up there this summer.  We also banded our first
Boreal Chickadee, and I had great looks at a foraging female Black-backed
Woodpecker.

This morning in Norwich, I found a Black-billed Cuckoo nest w/1 egg about 1
meter above ground in a small willow bordering a wet willow-sedge fen.  The
female flushed off the nest.  There had been a male singing persistently in
the area yesterday, although I never heard it this morning.  I also found a
Cedar Waxwing nest with 3 eggs, an Am. Goldfinch nest with 3 newly-hatched
young and 2 eggs, and a robin nest w/3 eggs.  For atlassers, the nesting
season isn't over quite yet....

Chris