--- In [log in to unmask], John M Peterson
<jmcp7@j...> wrote:
     The Black Skimmer is still at Westport on July 2.  Bob Wei & I
checked the boat launch, beach, and marina without finding it, but as
we
left the marina Bob spotted it sitting on the beach.  As we drove
over,
the bird flew off to the south, past the marina, but we couldn't spot
it
from Le Bistro.  Returning to the beach, we found it sitting on the
sand
at the water's edge, just yards from boys fishing on a wooden dock.
It's been successfully fishing for minnows in the shallows just
offshore.
 The brownish back indicates that it's a young bird.  It was still on
the
beach when we left about 10:30 a.m.     --Mike Peterson, Elizabethtown
--- End forwarded message ---