Sat night, as we were falling asleep we heard the whinny of a screech
owl outside our window.  After a quick scurry of robes, glasses,
binoculars, and flashlights we were standing on the porch listening
intently.  After a few more whinnys we had the tree and something flew
off with all of our commotion.

It's a first for our yard list.  We put up a screech owl nesting box
deep in our woods a few years back, and I can only hope it is being
used.  A quick inspection this morning from the ground didn't show any
evidence of a tenant. I don't want to disturb anyone so confirmation of
nesting will have to wait until fall -- sorry Sue.

Michael DeCorte
michael @ decorte . us