From: Feddern, Tanya
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 4:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: List of death anxiety instruments?

Hello, everyone.  I've got a stumper.  My patron is looking for a list of psychiatric or psychological instruments (surveys, questionnaires, etc.) that measure anxiety in terminally ill patients.

Although the literature notes the high prevalence of anxiety in this population, none of the texts and article we came across list a number of good instruments to use, nor the name of any gold standard instruments.  We've looked in thanatology, palliative care, and death textbooks.  They list suggested quality of life instruments, but not anxiety instruments.  I've mucked around in the APA website and the CINAHL, MEDLINE, HAPI, and MMY databases.  This data is probably buried in a chapter or article in a text box or bulleted list, which makes searching for it difficult.

I'd appreciate your help.  In reward, I'll summarize to the list.  ;)

Thank you,

Tanya

Tanya Feddern, MLIS, AHIP, MOT, OTR/L
http://www.geocities.com/nqiya/EBMbib.html
http://www.geocities.com/nqiya/index.html
Evidence-Based Medicine Assistant Professor; Reference & Education Services
Librarian University of Miami School of Medicine, Louis Calder Memorial Library