--- Matthew Kulas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> And another:
> http://www.newcriterion.com/archive/22/june04/tour.htm

How boring, this is in English.

Some interesting stuff in that piece.  In particular:

  Amphetamines dominated in the 1960s and killed Tom Simpson on
  Mont Ventoux in 1967. He has gone down in cycling history for two
  quotes: his last words as he lay dying on that bleak Provençal
  mountain—“Put me back on my bike”—and his summing up of a racer’s
  attitude to drugs: “If it takes ten to kill you, I’ll take nine.”

Mig