> Frame by frame? Really? With Final Cut you just apply the filter to the
> clip and it makes the changes for you. If that's the case you're
> probably better off calibrating for color and contrast prior to shooting
> - if the camera you have allows you to do so, which I'm not sure how
> much control most consumer dv cameras allow.

Perhaps I've misled you.  Sure, you just apply the filter to the clip and it
makes the changes for you. But, in the background, without your intervention
that's what the program is doing...applying it frame by frame. I'm not
implying that *you* apply it frame-by-frame.  It's the program -- Premiere,
Final Cut, MSP, whatever -- that's doing it. I do my editing on a 1.8 GHz
machine, and it still keeps the processor very, very busy.

----
Marc Guido, Editor and Publisher
First Tracks!! Online Ski Magazine
16 Wertman Ln
Loudonville, NY 12211 USA
V: 941.587.9664  F:419.793.8108
V & F: 866.293.9107 (toll-free from the US)

http://www.FirstTracksOnline.com