Michael Fernandez [[log in to unmask]] writes:

>looks like new skiis are in the future!  I just hope I don't
>end up with a quiver the size of Danas - might have to get a
>new garage for that.

Feel free to give me all o' those wimpy li'l skinny skis with sub-85mm
waists! :-)

> On the SoVer touring sub-topic, one of the tours that started
>leading me to AT was a couple of trips up the back side of Stratton

Of course, if it's SoVer, it can't be REAL tourin'- neither is earnin'
it on Hogback, poachin' Haystack (and the stuff the _other_ side of the
ridge from there), the Aiken Wilderness, Mt. Equinox... The only REAL
tourin' in VT is 'twixt Mansfield & Jay, and it all requires manly-skis
with girth & heft, none o' that sissy ultralight stuff. :-D

Haul that heavy hardware up the hill if you like, but most of the time
it's a waste(exceptions provin' the rule, of course.)

dana

_____________ ________ __
__( Tele till you drop