Quoting Dana Dorsett <[log in to unmask]>:

> Haul that heavy hardware up the hill if you like, but most of the time
> it's a waste(exceptions provin' the rule, of course.)

Sorry Dana, I gotta go with "Dietman" Atkinson and "Yes I" Dulik on the advantage of width in the
Vermont BC.  Fat handles junk conditions that are most likely the rule much better than anorexic
skis.  Crust, heavy glop - both not uncommon south of Granville Gulf - are much easier and safer
with wider skis.  Plus the extra weight makes you stronger...

El Scorpion