Hello!

It's time to stand in lines, sit in steamy classrooms and yes, eat cafeteria food again.

The officers of the CSSA have been working through the summer to continue to improve the quality of CSSA programs and events.

The CSSA seminar series will be kicked off on September 27th.  David has tentatively line up 6 speakers for this semesters, including another great videoconference with Richard M. Stallman on November 9th.

CSSA Seminar Series:
First speaker, Dr. Jim Kurose, UMass-Amherst
What:  "Collaborative Adaptive Sensing of the Atmosphere"
When:  Monday, September 27, 12:20-1:10 pm
Where: Votey 367
Organizer: David Van Horn

We will be holding another programming contest this fall.  We will be offering prizes, and the contest will be open to all college students (enrolled at least half-time) in Vermont.  More details to come!

Our picnic will be held Wednesday, September 15th from 4-6 p.m. on the green behind Cook Science building.

The fall general meeting will likely be held Wednesday, September 22nd or Thursday, September 23rd at 6:30 p.m. Food will be served.  Let me know if there is a preference in date/time.

I will be heading up an undergraduate/graduate women's mentorship group.  The first meeting will be at the end of September.

This is only a bare-bones description of the beginning of one of the best years of the CSSA!  More details will follow in the weeks to come, and I look forward to volume of mail that will inevitably result in getting, well, too much mail. ;P

As a reminder, here are the officers:

Emily Rehmeyer, Secretary
Gabriel Harwood, Treasurer
Alison Rosenblum, VP (AWOL in Australia)
Chris Ruscio, Webmaster
David Van Horn, Public Liaison
Charlotte Pratt, President

good luck getting through the lines in the book store, and remember, if it's unidentifiable, it's probably not edible. Don't let 'em tell you different.

-Charlotte
Sign-up for Ads Free at Mail.com
http://promo.mail.com/adsfreejump.htm