AGU BIOGEOSCIENCES SESSION ON SOIL ORGANIC MATTER DYNAMICS

I would like to call to your attention to the following AGU Biogeoscience
Session B19 titled "Ecosystems in flux:  Molecular and stable isotope
assessments of soil organic matter storage and dynamics" to be held at the
Fall 2004 American Geophysical Union meeting in San Francisco, CA (December
13-17, 2004).  This session will bring together scientists to discuss the
relationships between soil structure and mineralogy and the storage and
turnover of organic carbon and nitrogen as it can be investigated by stable
isotope and molecular techniques.  A more complete description of this
session can be viewed at:
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm04/search_detail.php?sessid=274

If you intend to submit an abstract for presentation in this session, please
let one of us know as soon as possible to facilitate our planning and
organization.  The AGU website is now open for abstract submissions at
http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm04/

If the level of interest in this session is large enough, we will be
allocated both oral and poster sessions.  If you have any colleagues or
students who might have an interest in this session, please pass this
announcement along to them.
In addition, we hope to secure a commitment from the attendees to contribute
to a special issue of a journal (to be determined).

Some important dates for the upcoming AGU meeting include:
AGU web site open for abstract submissions is currently open
1 September     Abstract deadline for abstracts submitted via mail
9 September     Abstract deadline for electronic submissions via AGU web
site
If you have any question please contact us by email.
Sincerely,

Conveners:
Tim Filley
Purdue University