Thanks for the info, especially since I really didn't know too much about
Forum or Jennyus.  Rumors about that they might turn them into price-point
brands, so who knows, next year we might be able to buy Forum boards at
Target.

Either way, I think the industry is going to have to make some changes in
the future or lose a lot of riders.  The feedback I see from kids is that
a lot of them want step-ins to go away because they think the people who
ride them are old, fat, and lazy.  Whenever I hear that I think, get back
to me in ten or twenty years kid.  What are you gonna do when you've put
on a few pounds and it just becomes such a pain in the ssa to have been
over ever friggin run and strap in.  Start skiing?  I really think the
market for step-ins is going to increase as the average age of the
snowboarding population does.

There's a reach niche market just waiting to be catered to.  Note to self:
if nobody steps up in the couple of years, I'm gonna start a snowboarding
company targeting middle-age guys.  Who's in?  :)

- Chris