> It is not stealing if i bought it with a computer system that
> I no longer own (because it was disposed of). I bought the
> license with the system. I own the license and I can choose
> to give it to whomever I want.

Yes and no. Yes, if you have not bought an upgrade OS and used the license
in question. Hope the "no" can be figured out.

Another possible "no" is that some software licenses are not transferable.

Having said the above, it is doubtful that MS is going to come after any
single individual for an illegal transfer of a license. Another question
however if you happen to be GM with a few thousands of licenses.

~Tom