-----Original Message-----

-- The emcf labs have been running without ie for the entire semester. ...
All in all, there have been fewer problems this semester without ie.

-- All of our lab machines are now dual boot to RedHat 9.  The linux side
sees less usage, but has had zero problems in two years time.

Most excellent !  Thanks for the progress report on open source alternatives
for computing environments.

Can you describe the environment a bit more ... E.g. authentication, file
system (I know that emba has a tradition of providing "server space" for
workstations -- and would like to know  which method of integration of linux
workstation to unix host you've implemented.)

Thanks !

Steve