Quoting Victor Rossi <[log in to unmask]>:
> J. Greg Mackinnon wrote:
> > I am forwarding the latest quarterly lifecycle support newsletter from
> > Microsoft.  You may note that support for Windows XP RTM ("SP 0")
> > expires THIS MONTH, not next month, as I stated in a message earlier today.
> > Also be prepared for the true end of NT 4.0 support in December... you
> > were warned!
> What does expiring OS support really mean?  Is my computer going to melt?

It really only means two things (one accounting for the relation).
Support and Updates.
Explicit support and implied support.
As for updates... has there been any for 98? I don't think I've updated anything
on the laptop sice reinstalling the OS two years ago... but I guess sincce it's
only used for bookkeepping FTMP, it doesn't matter much.

Chris
  )                 WWRD - What Would Rob Do?                    )
 |    Chris Moran          a.a.#707           [log in to unmask]    |
 |Information Systems Analyst     Webmaster/Multimedia Developer|
 |UVM Center for Teaching & Learning 802.656.0358  Lafayette 407|
 | "Dr. Is In" Mo-Tu 12:30-3       Staff Council Representative |