Quoting Steve Cavrak <[log in to unmask]>:
> [...]

I guess this is what I get for sticking my neck out.
I do not know the specifics. I requested the person who brought them up to post
them here... don't make me call you out... ;)

> Despite the security issues addressed in SP2, there are still adware /
> malware / scumware programs that can break both windows, IE, and make life
> in WebCT miserable.
> When folks - students, faculty, staff - are having problems with weird WebCT
> behavior, we suggst they call the helpline (802) 656-2604, and ask for
> assistance in cleaning up the computer.

Other than the fact that you can't uninstall IE and that it's basically forced
on users, is there a reason why we don't suggest FireFox (or others) over IE by
default. Are there still people who actually believe IE is a better browser?

Chris (call me FUD spreader will ya?? sheesh!!)
  )                 WWRD - What Would Rob Do?                    )
 |    Chris Moran          a.a.#707           [log in to unmask]    |
 |Information Systems Analyst     Webmaster/Multimedia Developer|
 |UVM Center for Teaching & Learning 802.656.0358  Lafayette 407|
 | "Dr. Is In" Mo-Tu 12:30-3       Staff Council Representative |