  Hey Marsha.. is your abdominal duplex book published yet?  I have been trying to access it through a medical bookstore here in Houston that carries a lot of vascular technology books and can't seem to find it.  Does amazon .com have it?
-----Original Message-----
From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 11:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Attention Marsha Neumyer

Thanks, Michael.  It was great to finally meet you, too. As always, we really enjoyed New Zealand and can hardly wait for a return visit!

The RAR can be used if the aortic peak systolic velocity is > 40 cm/sec, but < 100 cm/sec.  If outside this range, you may under or overcall the % stenosis in the renal artery.  Consider a renal velocity of 140 cm/sec and an aortic velocity of 120 cm/sec.  With an aortic velocity of 30 cm/sec, the RAR would be 4.6. Consider a renal artery velocity of 190 cm/sec . With an aortic velocity of 130, the RAR would be 1.5.

Hope that this clarifies.

Marsha

Marsha M. Neumyer, BS, RVT, FSVU, FAIUM
International Director
Vascular Diagnostic Educational Services
Vascular Resource Associates
Harrisburg, PA 17111
Phone/Fax: (717-564-5907)
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www. vasculared.com

****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE****
This e-mail is the property of The Methodist Hospital and/or its relevant affiliates and may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message. Thank you.