9/3/04 Beautiful day for birding. About 3 mi. from Rte. 105 on South
America Pond Rd. is a snowmobile trail on the left just before a beaver
pond, elevation about 1600'. About 300-500' in, we observed a small thrush
feeding on the ground in a spruce thicket on the south side. We watched it
for an extend period about 12' from us so we had a very good look. This
small thrush was olive brown (no reddish color), had no eye ring, lower
bill was yellow. We concluded that it must have been a Bicknell's Thrush.
But could it have been a Gray-cheeked Thrush already migrating?

Other birds that day:
Common Yellowthroat Warbler
Raven
Black Duck