We seem to be blessed with a wealth of geological expertise on this List.
So, what is the age of the Adirondacks?  What is their geological history.
 The geological history of the Appalachian system seems to be part of
common lore, but you don't hear nearly as much about the 'Dacks.  Until
recent years I thought they were a part of the Appalachians, although I
always wondered why they have such a distinctly different look.  Also they
are slowly rising.  Is there a hot spot in the earth's mantle beneath
them, like Yellowstone?  Somebody enlighten me.  I find this stuff very interesting.