A quick check of a couple sites list the TM:EX as a Telemark ski.
Several sites I checked (some didn't have the EX) had a category
Telemark/AT skis.  But, within that category some of the skis
specifically stated telemark.  Karhu may be making their skis with a
longer mount plate to take advantage of the cross-over AT market.  That
and they share their designer and production line with Line, which are
alpine.
I have an older pair of Beta TM's - they definitely would not do well
with alpine bindings.  Of course the mount design may have changed.