Fact is the Red Sox are a mediocre hitting team when facing good pitching.
Once they figure someone out, they can knock em around good, but Mussina and
Pettitte and Wells and just about any rookie (esp. lefties) who they haven't
faced (0-10 this year in such situations) kill them.

BK, I wouldn't say the yanks have Pedro's number.  He's one of the smartest
pitchers out there and could well blank them next time out.  The thing they
do well, though, is make him throw lots of pitches then light him up when he
tires and his manager lets him hang in there too long.

Patrick