--- WM Walker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Actually the High Atlas in Morocco (as in AFRICA) provides both
> cheap and deep. I skied there in March of '02, summiting Jebel
> Toubkal (a 4000+ meter peak) and getting days of powder overlooking
> the Sahara Desert.

Yeah, I've heard about Morocco skiing.  It sure seems like this
would be the best introduction to exotic skiing: minimal time zone
change, reasonable air connections, no land mines, only a few
terrorists, etc.  Both resort and earn your turns available.  Some
classic tourist spots to visit. And, hey, you could surf in the same
trip:

http://www.nomadsurfers.com/English/Morocco/morocco_home.htm

Leigh, might make sense to do a Morocco trip before heading to
Kashmir or Chechnya.

Mig